2021 Race Briefing soon to come.
Condition of entry: The decision to approve registrations is at the race director’s discretion.
- You must collect your race kit prior to Sunday 25th July 2021. If you cannot make the above times contact us on email@example.com if you need to make alternative arrangements.
- Children under the age of 13 year must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times on the 10km course.
- You must check in on race day at the registration table.
- You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power.
- You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted.
- Your race bib must be visible at all times on the front (and back for Marathon and Half Marathon TEAM members) of your body.
- Closed-in shoes are mandatory for the half marathon, full marathon and 10km event.
- Earphones must be turned off when entering a check point / aid station.
- It is your responsibility to hand in your finish token and get your bib scanned at the end of the event.
- If you need First Aid help on the course you must attract the attention of another runner or go to the nearest drink stations or to the finish line.
- If you withdraw from the event, report to the finish line and hand in your race bib. Please Do NOT leave without informing someone!
- If another competitor is in trouble, you must stop to help them.
- You must obey all directions of race officials.
- All competitors will be allowed to finish the race in their own time – within reason. Race officials can, and will, withdraw competitors from the course if required.
- Use of profanity or aggression towards race officials or other competitors will result in immediate disqualification from the event. If you have a problem with the event management, speak directly to the race organiser or race director, rather than the volunteers/marshal.
- Only Mcleod Road is close. All other roads will not be closed for this event. Obey all road rules and give way to vehicles and bicycles.
- Do Not Litter – Put your rubbish in the bins provided at the drink stations and the start/finish.
- Pets/Dogs anywhere along the course are prohibited – this applies to competitors and volunteers.
- Prams are not allowed in the 42.2km, 21.1km and 10km races.
- Due to safety considerations we do not allow bikes, scooters, skateboards, rollerblades and animals (e.g. dogs) in any of the events.
- All decisions of Weipa Running Festival, race organiser and race director are final. Weipa Running Festival, the race organiser and race director is the sole judges of fact, there is no right of appeal regarding any decision made by Weipa Running Festival, the race organiser and race director.
Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification. Any such penalties are at Weipa Running Festival, the race organiser and race directors’ discretion and are final.