Official Race Day: 25th July 2021
Virtual Races: 11th July 2021 – 25th July 2021
The Weipa Running Festival consists of six different races over varied terrain within the township of Weipa, there is an official race day and a virtual option for all races. Don’t forget we also have an additional challenge option.
- Marathon and TEAM Marathon
- Half Marathon (21.1km) and TEAM Half Marathon
- Fun Run
Your entry fee (and virtual) includes:
- Entry into your nominated race or fun run/walk.
- Personalised race bib for the 5km, 10km, 21.8km, 42.2km, challenge options and virtual entries.
- An awesome race pack (not included for fun run)
- Finisher’s medal for the 5km, 10km, 21.8km and 42.2km competitors
- A training program
- A fun, safe and professional activity
Grand Slam Challenge (additional add on which is found during your registration into a race)
This was a huge success in 2020 so we have decided to make it a permanent thing! There is 2 Grand Slam options.
Simply complete the runs submit your evidence and you’ll get the Grand Slam medals.
Note: Each distance must be completed separately.
Option #1 – Complete 1x10km + 1x5km + 1×2.5km
Option#2 – Complete 1x42km + 1x22km + 1x10km + 1x5km + 1×2.5km
Age limits and other restrictions
- Marathon and TEAM Marathon, 18 years and older only, NO EXCEPTIONS No prams, No wheelchairs, Mandatory gear.
- Half Marathon (21.1km) and TEAM Half Marathon, 18 years and older only, NO EXCEPTIONS No prams, No wheelchairs, Mandatory gear.
- 10km, 10 years and older only* No prams. No wheelchairs. Closed-in shoes recommended.
- 5km, All ages*Prams allowed. No wheelchairs.
- Fun Run, All ages* Prams allowed, No wheelchairs
Condition of entry: The decision to approve registrations is at the race director’s discretion.
*For the 10km and 5km races: An adult (parent or guardian) must register juniors. Juniors aged 12 years or younger must accompanied by a parent or guardian during their race. 10km he adult must register the pair as a team.
**For the 2.5km Fun Run/Walk: An adult (parent or guardian) must register juniors aged 0-17. Juniors aged 12 years or younger must accompanied by a parent or guardian during the fun run.
Your race/s needs to be completed by the 11th – 25th July 2021 and evidence needs to be submitted to email@example.com by the 8th August 2021.
Any evidence of distance and total time will be accepted. We suggest the following apps to help you:
- Strava – https://www.strava.com/
- Run Keeper – https://runkeeper.com/
- Map my Run – https://www.mapmyrun.com/
Please note: entries after 17/06/2021 from outside Weipa will receive an electronic bib. Weipa residents will receive a manual bibs. Race singlets / T shirts purchased prior to 31/05/2021 will be ready for race day. A second order will be places after the event. Entries close 11:59pm 23rd July 2021.